Friday, January 03, 2014

Reborn Germ-a-phobia

This morning immediately upon waking from sleep, alarm induced waking, I proceeded to knock glasses off the night stand. Glasses hit the floor and bounced under bed about 2 or 3 feet. Wonderful. I tire of always being tied to a pair of reading glasses. Can't read a thing if its inside 3 feet, over that, pretty good.

Yesterday on a small grocery run, as I stood in line to check out, there was next in line behind me a father and his daughter, the little girl 3 to 4 years of age. The dad was busy looking at his phone. The little girl was down in the cart, not in the seat, and was running her mouth all over the top of the wire cart. I watched not knowing what to say or do - it was horrifying as she gummed that cart, the cold metal probably feeling good to her - but oh the humanity. The dad finally looked up - said in a somewhat cool voice, hey honey don't do that, its dirty. And then turned back to his phone. I pretended to be picking out a candy bar.

In grocery stores I am a reborn germ-a-phobe. I like kids, well I like my kids (who are now 19, 22, and 25 years old), but they always seems to be coughing, with running noses, reaching out of the buggy to grab stuff, especially produce which seems to be right at their eye level and at a short arm's length.  I choose food and boxes that are far up high and back. Bon appetit.

No comments:

Post a Comment