Saturday, July 02, 2011

Bill Hilton and Jamcast


I want to give some quick praise to a site authored (or co-authored) by a fellow named Bill Hilton. He has a very impressive You Tube video collection of piano mentoring. I hope he doesn't mind the mentoring tag because its where I go to get a shot of "hey, this is something you can do, relax!".  I must say he is pretty diligent about keeping fresh content moving on to the site as well uploading frequently - the video above was uploaded this week. Oddly enough, Bill is silent in this one, using annotations.

I haven't watched nearly all of the videos there, but what I've seen Bill puts good thought into his effort. He has a concept to get across, and demonstrates from a basic idea, and then moves to more pianistic ideas, giving explanations that are clean, uncluttered, and that make you think its something you can do and use. And, Bill offers a nice laugh here and there so as to keep your attention fresh and receptive.

Bill also has a book for sale, which I haven't bought yet, sorry Bill. I have a lot of other stuff to work through, but I hope to do so at some point. He will make a sales pitch near the end of some of the videos. Nothing pushy, and hey, the video was free.

Also - look at Jamcast - his blog. Not updated as frequently as his You Tube site.

I think Bill is over in Wales. Coincidentally, my favorite author currently is Jasper Fforde and is also from Wales.

Good stuff, Bill and thanks from Austin TX.

No comments:

Post a Comment